Seven Years of Movable Type
Movable Type celebrates its 7th anniversary this month. Happy birthday Movable Type! Even now I’m not using Movable Type, I used Movable Type for few years. I want to make few posts related to Movable Type. I think I used Movable Type when it was Movable Type 2.6x.
- Dec 22, 2003 — Why: Migration from one to another. I write about why choosing Movable Type, at that time.
- May 14, 2004 — MT 3.0 is ready, I am not. I was lucky to be one of the Movable Type 3.0 beta testers. And, it was the first time Movable Type introduced a new pricing scheme.
- May 16, 2004 — WordPress vs. MovableType. Since I tried many blogging tools before, I wrote a small comparisons between two leading platform.
- Aug 15, 2004 — Removing .php in permalinks. Movable Type already had a built-in permalink structures. And, I tried to make it nicer.
- Aug 26, 2004 — Upgrading to Personal License. Hey, I purchased a Personal License. And I think it was the first time I received a comment from a person at Six Apart. It was Mr. Anil Dash.
- Oct 06, 2004 — MovableStyle. I mentioned about Movable Style.
- Oct 16, 2004 — Why I still use Movable Type? Here, Movable Type probably is not popular among other blogging engines. But, I still use it. So, I wrote some reasons why I sticked to Movable Type.
- Jul 26, 2005 — Post to MT (3.2) from del.icio.us. As del.icio.us (now delicious) user, I wanted to post my delicious links directly to Movable Type. And, it was soooo easy. It’s still easy right now.
- Sep 22, 2006 — Combining entries from two weblogs (Movable Type 3.3x). One of the best features from Movable Type is that it support multiple weblogs. Was it difficult to combine multiple weblogs and display them in the order we wanted? No, it’s easy.
I learn many things from Movable Type. Not only Movable Type, but also the company behind it: Six Apart. There was a joke between Ikhlasul Amal (he’s still using Movable Type now). He said that Six Apart should here hire me for Indonesian market. Hehe!
Okey, need to stop writing. Happy birthday Movable Type!